SEM/FIB Workstation: Helios G4 Ux (FEI)
The Helios G4 Ux™ Workstation
- Fastest and easiest preparation of the highest-quality, site-specific, ultra-thin TEM and APT samples using the new Phoenix ion column with unmatched low-voltage performance
- Shortest time to nanoscale information using best-in-class Elstar™ electron column
- Reveal the finest details with the next-generation UC+ monochromator technology with higher current, enabling sub-nanometer performance at low energies
- The most complete sample information with sharp, refined, and charge-free contrast obtained from up to 7 integrated in-column and below-the-lens detectors.
- The highest quality, multi-modal subsurface and 3D information with the most precise targeting of the region of interest using optional Auto Slice & View™ 4 (AS&V4) software.
- Fast, accurate, and precise milling and deposition of complex structures with critical dimensions of less than 10 nm
- Precise sample navigation tailored to individual application needs thanks to the high stability and accuracy of the 150 mm Piezo stage and in-chamber Nav-Cam.
- Artifact-free imaging based on integrated sample cleanliness management and dedicated imaging modes such as SmartScan™ and DCFI.
For more information on using this instrument, please refer to our policies and rates.
Dual-mode magnetic immersion / field free lens electron optics with ultra-high brightness NG emitter and UC+ technology.
- Source: Schottky field emitter mounted on the NG hot-swap gun module
- Source lifetime: One (1) year guaranteed
- Acceleration Voltage: 350 V to 30 kV
- Landing energies: Adjustable from 20 eV to 30 keV
- Beam current: 0.8 pA – 100 nA
- Resolution: 0.6 nm at 15 – 2 kV 0.7 nm at 1 kV (with Beam Deceleration) 1.0 nm at 500 V (with Beam Deceleration and ICD)
Phoenix field emission focused ion beam optics with liquid Gallium ion emitter, two-stage differential pumping and time of flight correction.
- Source lifetime: 1000 hours
- Voltage: 500 V to 30 kV
- Beam current: 0.1 pA - 65 nA (15-position aperture strip)
- Resolution: 4.0 nm at 30 kV using preferred statistical method 2.5 nm at 30 kV using selective edge method 500 nm at 500 V using preferred statistical method
- Detection: Optional ICE detector (FIB optimized, secondary ion and electron detector)
High-resolution digital scanning engine controlled from the User Interface.
- Resolution: 512x442, 1024x884, 2048x1768, 4096x3536 pixels (conventional) 768x512, 1536x1024, 3072x2048, 6144x4096 pixels (widescreen)
- Minimum Dwell Time: 25 ns/pixel Electronic scan rotation by n x 360 degrees
High-resolution digital patterning engine controlled from the User Interface
- Maximum resolution: 64k x 64k
- Maximum pattern size: 16 mil. pixels per single pattern
- Minimum Dwell Time: 25 ns/pixel
- Maximum Dwell Time: 25 ms/pixel
- Multiple pattern shapes
- Variable dwell time pattern to give 3D milling
- Complex milling patterns through Bitmap import