Optical Microscopy Core
Instruments and Services
The Optical Microscopy Core (OMC) provides researchers with the opportunity to acquire informative single images and three-dimensional reconstructions of fluorescently labeled cells and tissues, either fixed or live. Our devices can accommodate samples mounted on either slides or in Petri dishes. Depending on the device used, images can include up to four separate channels with emission spectra ranging from those of DAPI to far-red fluorophores. Confocal 101 information shared by Cincinnati Children's Confocal Imaging Core.
Researchers can be trained to use our devices in as little as two hours. For consultations, scheduling of training, or for contracted image acquisition, contact the lab manager, Bill Archer.
Rates are updated annually.
- Genetically encoded fluorescent proteins
- Fluorescent molecular probes
- Single cells and multilayered tissues
- Changes in tissue architecture
- Time-lapse movies
- Movement and growth of sub-cellular organelles and macromolecules
- Fuorescent ionic gradient reporters
- Imaging of fixed and living systems: bacteria, protists, Drosophila, zebrafish, all cultured cell types
- Transparent non-living samples